At DynaVox Mayer-Johnson, a DynaVox Systems Limited brand, we are committed to protecting your privacy. DynaVox Systems Limited does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to other companies.
The information we collect about you is used only for internal purposes. DynaVox Systems Limited will not collect any personal information about you except when you specifically and knowingly provide such information.
How is the Information Collected from DynaVox Systems Online Used?
- Whenever you request information or ask a question via our website(s), we require you to submit your name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address. This provides us with the information we need to send the materials to you or contact you should we have any questions about your request.
- If you ask a technical support question, we also ask you to provide a product serial number if at all possible. This allows us to log your request in our database file for that individual DynaVox Mayer-Johnson product. Creating this log allows our technical support staff to develop a profile specific to your device or software and ultimately serve you better.
- We may also use the information we collect to notify you via e-mail about important changes at DynaVox Systems Limited or new features of our website(s). If you would prefer to not to receive this
information, please inform our webmaster by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DynaVox Systems Limited welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please send e-mail to email@example.com.
Privacy & Cookies Policy — NEW
- This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out the privacy and cookies policy of DynaVox Systems Limited, Company Number 5091720 (England) whose registered address is at Units 5 & 6 Benford Court, Lower Cape, Warwick, CV34 5DA who controls this website. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act, the data controller is DynaVox Systems Limited ("DynaVox") and covers the brand of Mayer-Johnson.
- DynaVox is committed to protecting the privacy of its users and the purpose of this Privacy & Cookies Policy is to describe to you how DynaVox will use personal information about you that is submitted to DynaVox.
- By providing your personal information to DynaVox, you consent to the collection and use of it and any other information provided to DynaVox in accordance with this Privacy & Cookies Policy. If at any time you wish to change the uses of your personal information to which you have consented, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DynaVox may revise this Privacy & Cookies Policy at any time by posting an update on its website(s). Please ensure that you check this website and any other DynaVox website(s) you use from time to time to review the current Privacy & Cookies Policy and to update your preferences. This Privacy & Cookies Policy was last updated in May 201
2. Collection of Personal Information
- The types of personal information collected and stored by DynaVox might include your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details (to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation ("the DPA")).
- DynaVox (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to DynaVox to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from DynaVox;
- any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to a DynaVox website (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website throughout the world);
- during any transaction with us; and
- any other data which you provide to DynaVox when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
- DynaVox (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example, a friend who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
3. Storage and retention of your information
- DynaVox will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that DynaVox uses and the security policies which DynaVox has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
- DynaVox will keep your information (to the extent permitted by the DPA) to enable DynaVox to use it for the purposes described in this Privacy & Cookies Policy.
4. Use of Your Information
- DynaVox may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
- administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
- responding to any enquiry you make;
- subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding DynaVox or any third party's future services (in all formats to which you have consented eg post, email, text); and
- for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the DynaVox website(s) and other services and developing DynaVox's marketing plans.
- DynaVox may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) as follows:
- if you have given your consent for DynaVox to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
- to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by DynaVox to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
- to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure DynaVox's compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request; and
- (where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of DynaVox and its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring DynaVox to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on a DynaVox website.
- In the event that DynaVox (or a relevant part of DynaVox) is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant DynaVox business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom DynaVox is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on DynaVox by the third party.
When you visit a DynaVox website(s), DynaVox uses "cookie" technology try to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the website. The cookies DynaVox use will remain on your system for a maximum of 90 days, when they will expire, or will be removed when your cache of cookies is deleted.
- create a specific log-in session for a visitor to a DynaVox website so that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognise when a visitor to a DynaVox website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
- store your product selections to the shopping basket;
- collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that we can improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors; and
Some of the cookies used by DynaVox websites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on a DynaVox website(s) you may not be able to take full advantage of the website(s) if you do so.
6. Third Party Websites
Please be aware that DynaVox does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its own website(s) and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- To access certain parts of the DynaVox websites, DynaVox may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
- You are reminded that in addition to the provisions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, where you register you also agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data"); and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.
Corporate Contact Information
Units 5 & 6 Benford Court
P. +44 (0)808 168 2779
F. +44 (0)808 280 1604
Company Reg Number: 5091720
VAT Reg Number: GB 836 8870 77
WEEE Registration Number: WEE/DK0052TQ